The curriculum assumes that you already have experience as a provider of spiritual and emotional care. It is
designed to help you respond safely to a disaster in your community, offering spiritual and emotional support to
persons of any faith or no faith impacted by disaster - victims, rescue workers, families and friends of victims
rescue workers, volunteers and staff of relief organizations or agencies, and the community at large.
- TIME AND PLACE: Wednesday and Thursday, January 21 and 22, at 4 West 43rd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036. Both sessions will run from 9:00 AM
until 5:00 PM, with registration beginning at 8:15 AM. Lunch will be provided.
- Attendance at both sessions to obtain a certificate.
- Pre-requisite: Completion of a three hour on-line course in the
Incident Command System available at http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS100A.asp.
The NYDIS curriculum includes supplementary ICS modules as a reminder of the principles and functions,
but does not replace IS-100.
- A statement that during deployment to a disaster site, you will agree to:
- Respond sensitively to the needs of ALL who are affected regardless of nationality race, religion, belief, class, or sexual orientation
- Refrain from proselytizing, sermonizing, or promoting a particular religion or world view
- Follow the Incident Command System structure, respecting the chain of command
- Recognize your personal and professional limits, working closely with other disciplines such as Mental Health
- Speak to the media only when authorized by your team leader.
To download the registration form, click here.
Please fill it out and return it no later than Monday, January 12, to Ruth Wenger:
Fax: 347-284-0054 OR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
regular mail: 4 West 43rd Street, Suite 604, New York, NY 10036. Please send in your
payment of $150 by check or money order as directed on the registration form.
For more information contact:
Ruth Yoder Wenger at 212-669-6100 or email@example.com