January 14, 2011
Dear 9/11 Family:
We are inviting you to participate in the Needs Assessment Survey below to help identify the support needed by eligible 9/11 family members during the 10th anniversary. The information you provide will be vital to determining the number of families who may need resources and services.
The 9/11 Healing & Remembrance Program, administered by the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC) through a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime, will help eligible family members as they travel and participate in tenth anniversary events by:
- Creating a toll-free help line specifically related to 9/11 and the approaching anniversary
- Establishing on-site, convenient, disabilities-accessible Family Support Centers to provide a range of professional services during events
- Providing travel/lodging/food assistance for eligible family members according to assessed needs and available funds as determined by MHA-NYC Eligibility Coordinators
The assessment is being conducted by the National Disaster Interfaiths Network. All information is confidential. Surveys must be received by February 15, 2011
- Online Survey (Preferred): English Version ● Spanish Version ● or go to www.n-din.org
- Download PDF: English Version ● Spanish Version ● or go to www.n-din.org
Mail: NDIN – 9/11 Survey, 4 West 43rd St, Suite 604, New York, NY 10036
- PAPER: Complete the mailed survey form your may have received and fax to the above number or return it in the postpaid envelope provided.
Thank you for your participation,
Peter B. Gudaitis, M.Div.
President, National Disaster Interfaiths Network
This Needs Assessment Survey was prepared in partnership with:
The September 11th Families Association and Tribute WTC Visitor Center ● Families of September 11th
FDNY Counseling Services Unit ● NYDIS-New York Disaster Interfaith Services
POPPA-Police Organization Providing Peer Assistance ● September Space/World Cares Center Tuesday’s Children Voices of September 11th ● WTC Health Registry ● Where to Turn